Wednesday, December 12, 2007

reader response number 6 :find a poet

The poet that i read some of her poems is Jovenia G Salazar.
In her poems she talks alot about God and how hes always there for us. she also talks alot about life and the wonderful world that we live in. I didnt care too much for the poems she wrote. They were alright because it was nicely writen, her use of words, and they all have meaning to them but i didnt care about her topics that much. I think i didnt care too much for her topics because i am not a very religious person and in every poem i read had something about god or jesus in it. I also think that i didnt like these poems that much because they didnt really relate to me that much and some of what she wrote seemed like it didnt take any thinking and anyone could write it, so it made it a little boring instead of interesting to me. One thing that does relate to me and everyone else though in one of her poems is that sometimes life doesnt go your way and somethings go wrong in life, but you can get through it. My personal definition of poetry is just writing that people write to express their feelings but it also has to have a rythem to it and a topic that the whole poems about.

No comments: